Location: London, UK
Duration and dates: Ongoing/flexible
African Prisons Project (APP) is a charity registered in the UK, Uganda and Kenya. Our mission is to work with African prison services to make prisons places of positive transformation. We work to ensure that prisoners in Africa live with dignity, hope and a chance of a positive future, to equip prisoners to contribute positively to their communities, and to support prison staff in implementing reforms to achieve these aims. We work holistically to change the way that criminal justice issues are addressed in the countries in which we work and empower prisoners to drive positive change.
The fundraising volunteer position is an important role that will help enable APP to attract further financial support and donations. We are seeking hardworking and committed individuals - preferably with some fundraising experience, though that is not essential.
- Carrying out administrative duties, to include providing support for the events management team
- Undertaking research tasks in order to support ongoing fundraising projects
- To support the fundraising officer with the implementation and development of fundraising campaigns
- Maintaining the fundraising database, ensuring accuracy and consistency of all records
- Attending and supporting fundraising events
- Helping with the production of blog posts and social media updates
- Assisting other volunteers involved in fundraising
- Strong academic background and/or work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Independent, capable and self-starting, able to plan and execute projects with minimal support
- Professional and diligent in conduct
- Empathetic, thoughtful, respectful and kind to all
- Interested in making a substantive contribution to the lives of prisoners and prison officers in Kenya and Uganda
- Volunteers can either be based remotely, or from APP's office in London - though the latter is preferable.
- Time commitments can either be full time over a shorter period (e.g. over the summer), or part-time over a longer period of time, but minimum time commitments do apply.
- This is a volunteering position, and therefore unpaid